Friday, March 16, 2012

Mini Ham and Cheese Quinoa Cups from Iowa Girl Eats!

Ok you know you stumble across a food blog that just has the best photos and the food looks soo yummy!?! This post isn't going to be one of those but the recipe below is slightly modified from a blog like that! :-)

Last night I attempted to sneak quinoa into a dish to see if my kids would actually eat it this time! And they did!! They loved the little "ham and cheese cupcakes"! Here is the original recipe from Iowa Girl Eats Mini Ham and Cheese Quinoa Cups I followed the recipes almost to a 'T'! Only things I changed was added some diced orange bell pepper and dried parsley not fresh because I dont stock that in my fridge! I'll type it out below but head over to her blog and check it out!

With cooking my quinoa (THIS WAY) these little cups turned out great! (Though I learned a lesson to not use cupcake liners!! Does not work! Hence no pictures of my cute mini cups!)

Mini Ham and Cheese Quinoa Cups
2 cups cooked quinoa (see this post for directions)
2 eggs
2 egg whites
3/4 cup zucchini- shredded
1/4 cup bell pepper finely diced (basically 1 cup total of veggies)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used a cheddar blend)
1/2 diced ham
2 TB Parmesan cheese
1 green onion- finely sliced
a few shakes of dried parsley, salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix all ingredients except quinoa Then add in the quinoa.

Generously spray a cupcake pan (you can easily do them in a regular sized cupcake pan- we did half mini and half regular)

Fill the cups to the top with the mixture.

Bake 15-20 for mini's  20-25 for regular sized. (time may vary) Remove once browning on top and around edge.


Check out her Great Food Blog! Love her stuff! Iowa Girls Eats! (her photo not mine!)

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment