The original recipe comes from Betty Crocker. I'll explain how I've changed it to fit our liking.
Slow Cooker Turkey Wraps
2lbs turkey breast cut into strips. (you can use chicken too!)
1 onion sliced
3/4cup bbq sauce
2 tb taco seasoning mix
8 flour tortillas
fresh bell peppers sliced (original recipe calls for canned roasted peppers- not a fan in this household. plus fresh add a great crunch!)
shredded cheese (optional)
Bacon (optional) we normally leave out the bacon to keep it lower fat
1. Pour a little olive oil into a skillet and brown the turkey a little with the onion. This step is very fast. If you choose to use bacon brown it in skillet first then remove bacon and fat and then add turkey and onions.
2. Put turkey and onions into crocpot and cover with bbq sauce and taco seasoning.
3. Cook on low for 5-6hours
4. Take out turkey and shred then return it to crocpot.
5. Wrap tortillas in wet paper towel and heat in microwave until warm, I usually go in 30sec intervals flipping them every 30secs.
6. Start filling the wrap with your topping choices.
We make these fun for the kids and let them add their toppings. I think it makes them eat whatever recipe it is, better when they get to help. For me I normally make one wrap and then make a little 'side' salad with the veggies and turkey, just basically no wrap. So if you're trying to get away from so many carbs that would be a good option.
(you can see that I devoured the wrap and went back for seconds with a salad!)