Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Eat Right for Your Blood Type

Happy New Year! Yes, a few weeks late! This holiday season was CRAZY for our family! We took a very long vacation to visit family and took a road trip to get there. We're finally back and settled back into reality.

This year isn't going to be about diets for myself or my husband. It's going to be all about feeling great! I was introduced to the book Eat Right for Your Blood Type years ago. I tried to get my husband on board a few times but of course it has to be their idea, right?!? Well we borrowed the book and are digging in!

This book is all about how the different blood types evolved over time and the areas of the world where they are more predominate and how body chemistry is different for everyone depending on your blood type. Interesting huh?!? Even for you "not-into-it" people out there, healthy eating is never bad! This book isn't extreme and we're not living every ounce of food by it. Just a healthier approach to the meals we're cooking.

Well of course my husband and I are the complete opposites! I'm O blood type, the most common as are both kiddos and he's A. Which of course means I do well on red meats and he does best on vegetarian foods. So we're experimenting a lot with vegetarian foods lately and how to make some of our favorite recipes better for him. And I'm trying not to feel guilty eating more red meat than he is!

I'm excited about what this year holds for our family and the new foods we're going to be trying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment